Vistos e passaportes

Selecione seu idioma

Selecionar o idioma

Visas and Passports.


For U.S. citizens, in order to obtain a passport, you can apply through most post offices. Proof of U.S. citizenship (birth certificate, naturalization certificate, or previous U.S. passport), two recent photographs (2 inches by 2 inches), and current identification with a signature and photograph (such as driver's license) are required.
For more information, please visit this link::

Students from the European Union (plus Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Switzerland), do not need a passport to enter Spain. It is sufficient with an identity card.

Visa for Spain

A visa is a written permission to visit a country granted by the government of that country.

For stays of 90 days or less in Spain, citizens from some countries don't need a visa.

Nationals of the following countries may not require a visa for stays of up to 90 day: Albania, Alemania, Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bélgica, Bolivia, Bosnia - Herzegovina, Brasil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canadá, Colombia, Corea Del Sur, Costa Rica, Croacia, Chile, China (Sólo Hong-Kong/Macao), Chipre, Dinamarca, Ecuador, Estados Unidos, El Salvador, Eslovaquia, Eslovenia, Estonia, Filipinas, Finlandia, Francia, Grecia, Guatemala, Holanda, Honduras, Hungría, Irlanda, Islandia, Israel, Italia, Japón, Letonia, Liechtenstein, Lituania, Luxemburgo, Macedonia, Malasia, Marruecos, Méjico, Mónaco, Nicaragua, Noruega, Nueva Zelanda, Panamá, Paraguay, Perú, Polonia, Portugal, Reino Unido, R. Checa, Rumanía, San Marino, Santa Sede, Singapur, Suecia, Suiza, Túnez, Turquía, Uruguay y Venezuela.

Those studying longer than 90 days may require a student visa. Nationals of countries not appearing above may require a visa to enter Spain.

Standard items usually required in the visa application for a student visa are:

  • Visa application form.
  • Current, valid passport.
  • One or more passport-type photographs.
  • Visa application fee.
  • Letter of acceptance from Letra Hispánica. We will provide a copy (via due carriage courier: FedEx, DHL or similar, if necessary).
  • Evidence of Financial Support during the period of time you will be studying abroad.
  • Parental permission for students under 18.
  • You may also be required to provide evidence of medical insurance.

Contact the embassy or nearest consulate of Spain in order to obtain the visa application and information about materials you are required to submit with it. See a list of Spanish Embassies and Consulates in Foreign Countries Around the World:

If you are planning to stay more than 90 days or your country does not appear in the list above, you have to apply for a "student visa". They will issue it for a variable period, and then, with that, once you are in Salamanca, you have to go to get an extension of your "student visa" in the Immigration Office. They will then give you a "Spanish student residency card".

Letra Hispánica

C/ Peña Primera, 18.
37002 SALAMANCA (Spain)
O endereço de e-mail address está sendo protegido de spambots. Você precisa ativar o JavaScript enabled para vê-lo.

Phone: 0034 923 262 018



Centro acreditado por el Instituto Cervantes

Associated with